The knowledge and skills for formulating CNA resume in proper format is offered by different online resources, from where you can also benefit in preparing your resume.
Curricula vitae play a vital role in selecting you for the health care field jobs. You must understand that in today’s employment scenarios created by the economic slump throughout the United States of America, the professionally written resumes have become very important because it is commonly found that for each posted job, there are over hundred applicants, and only these candidates that can an impress the hiring manager or an employer through their resumes are short listed for the jobs.
But, it is essential to understand, “what is a CNA resume”? Resume site will inform you that a resume is a professional mirror of you, and records all general and professional information, essential for a job. It is direct contact between you and a hiring manager, and through your curricula vitae (CV), the employer will find out about your qualities and skills. If any specific nursing position requires some particular qualities, then the employer will try to find the same in the skills furnished by you. In addition, the hiring manager will also judge you by the information offered, and decide about your capabilities to handle the given position.
CNA Resume therefore, must be prepared in an professional manner to impress an employer or an hiring manager. The impressive resume will also differentiate you as a distinct identity, different than other applicants and may compel an employer to meet you to find out more about your qualities and skills. All these reasons make it more important that you articulate your resume in proper format and order to impress the employer.
The best procedure and format that can be followed to write your own CNA resume is easily available with nursing site. You will gain knowledge that career Objective is the first sub heading necessary for your resume formulation. Next, you can furnish your complete contact details, including address, contact numbers and email id. Thirdly, your professional summary holds important part of the resume, because this section informs about your professional skills, job promotions and other job related information. Fourthly, the experience section tells about your total job experience and positions held by you, including the name of the worked organization and year of working. If you are a fresher, you can show your training program hands-on experience and any type of voluntary experience gained by you. Fifthly, your academic education and nurse aide training program completion information must be included under separate sub headings. Finally, you must also show your technical and additional natural qualities under separate section
The contenders who are preparing the CV for the first time should get an idea of resume articulation from CNA resume example given below:
Sample CNA Job Resume
25, Queens Square, Washington
Home: (325) 246-7783
Seek a position of certified nursing assistant to utilize and gain further experience, the skills learned through educational training programs and working experience to provide compassionate tender care to residents.
- Well Mannered and docile in behavior.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skill
- Proficient in nursing and patient care giving skills.
- Efficient in cleaning and infection control.
- Knowledge about Medical terminology and medication skill.
- Self confident.
- Maintain discipline and organizational skill
Harry Foundation, New York, 2005 to present
Certified Nursing assistant
- Offered tender nursing and routine care to patients
- Maintained privacy and confidentiality of the patients
- Provided routine care to the patients.
- Reported to the RN regularly about the condition of the patient.
- Looked after the ward hygienic and cleanliness.
- Measured temperature, pulse rate and blood pressure of the residents.
- Administered injections, glucose and medications.
- Maintain discipline and silence in the ward
- Assist patients with wheelchair and stretcher
- Change bed linen and pillow covers
- Assist the patients in bathing and feeding.
- Maintain daily chart for doctors’ preview.
- Followed the norms of the hospital
Sun Rise Nursing Homes, Oklahoma, 2001 to 2005
- Provided everyday care to the residents.
- Maintained safety and hygienic procedure.
- Assisted patients with dressing, exercising, bathing and bed movements.
- Administered injections, glucose, water and medications.
- Measured and recorded patient’s pulse rates and BP.
- Worked as directed by Registered Nurse
- Updated licensed nurse about the everyday condition of the patient.
- Maintained ready stock of medications.
- Facilitate the movement of the resident through wheelchair and stretcher.
- Maintained confidentiality of the patient
- Informed in detail to next shift personnel about the patient.
- Prepared patients treatment chart
- Changed the bed linen and pillow
Received Harry Foundation Award for volunteer Service during hurricane disaster in Florida in 2004
Accolade Merit Certificate for Old Age Social Service in New York Old Home in 2006
Education and Certification:
Certified Nursing Assistant Class, New Horizon Health Centre, New York, 2001
High School Diploma from Lawrence Valley School, West Virginia, 2000
Computer Knowledge and Internet
A resume with above given format can easily recruit you in the posted health care field job, because the given format will also assist you writing your health care resume in most precise manner. The lengthy resume with irrelevant details always make a resume monotonous and the employers and hiring mangers mostly avoid reading such CVs, which may waste their valuable time.
Your resume is the first important link for your bagging the job or rejection. The present day employment crisis has made it more necessary that your resumes must be articulated in a professional style to get shortlisted for the job or to get interview call.
Online resources are best place to gain knowledge on the preparation of different level nursing resumes and CNA interview preparation. With the gained information, you can also prepare your own resume and get short listed in a nursing job.