Functional Resume Example shows expertise in three major areas in management, store customer service and administrative help.
This functional resume shows the summary of proficiencies in the field of customer service, computers, accounting, word processing, data archiving, problem solving and so on.
It is advisable that the job seeker, instead of going for specific details, should highlight his achievements and responsibilities under three sub headings respectively. The professional job experiences are then furnished under the functional area, to be followed by education, training and extra skills.
124 Hillegass Blvd.
Berkeley CA 94705
Objective: Aspire to be Super Market head checker and head clerk by executing proficiencies gained through many years working experience.
• 10 year experience working in the position of head clerk and head checker in the super market grocery store.
• Well appreciated by customers as competent, intelligent and cooperative personnel.
• Excellent communication and writing skill
• Dedicated, honest and always greet customers with courtesy.
• Analytical, Interpersonal skill and productive.
• Developed affinity to the customer by attending them with a smile, showing cordiality, listening customers patiently, assisting and offering them due importance, in most friendly manner.
• Served the customers as a product specialist by educating and directing customers to sophisticated items like special gourmets, traditional foods, exotic spices, and so on.
• Enhanced sales by convincing and advising customers to replace their name-brand items with similar in-house quality products.
• As a head clerk, supervised the front end of the grocery store with the help of 16 clerks by assigning respective personnel to cover check stand to offer the quick service to the customers.
• Arranged the schedule of the respective clerks, defining their specific cover stand location and ensure their presence all time.
• Managed stockings and seen that respective cover stand have sufficient employees to serve the customers during peak hours.
• Arranged training schedule for new clerks before commencement of their respective duties.
• Accurately maintained cash transaction balance of checkers’ cash drawer.
• Responsibilities executed during Office Cashier position for 2 years.
1. Maintained accurate deposit balance and balanced books
2. Prepared daily Sales Report
3. Get Ready monthly Sales Report for Head Office.
4. Processed returned checks
5. Attended Telephone
Professional Job Experience
Raymond Departmental Store, Oakland CA 2003 – Present
• Head Checker/Head Cashier
Sunrise Bakery, Spokane WA- 2001 to 2003
• Assistant Manager
Youngman Fashions, Berkley, CA – 1999 -2001
• Retail Clerk
Bachelor of Commerce – St. Edward College, New Jersey, 1999
• Computer Knowledge
• Efficient in Microsoft Word , Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point